C# Tutorial – Create a simple platform game in visual studio
- Subject: C# Tutorials
- Learning Time: 3 hours
In this tutorial we will create a simple platform game in visual studio using C# (sharp) programming language. This game will have points to collect, blocks to jump on to and a door to end the level. This is a basic level programming for a platform game and you should be trying to create another level once this is completed.
Lesson Objective –
- Create a platform game using picture boxes
- Allow the player to land on top of the picture boxes
- Run loops to search where the play has landed and take appropriate action
- Use foreach loop to search individual components in visual studio controls
- Assign TAG’s to platforms and interact with them
- Assign TAG’s to coins and interact with them
- Include a game completion format
Full Video Tutorial –
note- There will be some flickering when the character moves and jumps onto the platform, this is caused because of Visual Studio debugging not because of the code, the game will still be working as usual.
Download platform game images for this project.C_Sharp_platform_Game_In_Visual_Studio